So you have probably already seen the contents of Glossybox’s amazing Halloween themed ‘Trick or Treat‘ beauty box all over the internet. I am a bit slow to the game as I have been away, but I still wanted to let you know my thoughts about the contents of this box as it is probably one of my favourite beauty boxes ever. (I feel like I have said that before, but I mean it this time!!)
I was sucked back into the Glossybox universe having not been subscribed to any beauty boxes for a couple of months. In one of Glossybox’s usual newsletters (I can’t resist staying in the loop!) there was a code to get the box for £6 not including P&P. It was also a complete surprise which box you would get, ‘Trick’ or ‘Treat.’ If you know me, anything with some sort of surprise element, I am your girl! (When I was younger, lucky dips were my thing!)
I received the ‘Trick’ box which I was really excited about as the products slightly differed in shades depending on which box you received!
Firstly, the box includes 4 full sized makeup products! This is such a bargain box, you can see why I am so excited! To get 4 full sized makeup products for under £10 is just amazing, well done Glossybox! Another reason why it is also one of my favourite boxes ever is the amount of makeup products included, no perfume or sample sachets to be seen!
My favourite products from the box have to be this Illamasqua Anti-Matter lipstick in ‘Energy‘ RRP £20. I have never owned a lipstick this colour. I have no idea if it suits me but I sort of love it! I also love this Luxe Bronze and Sculpt Contour Kit in Light-Medium from Make Up Acaedmey RRP £5, which is a budget beauty brand you can find in Superdrug .They have really stepped up their game with the packaging and I especially like the contour shade.
I LOVE this Sleek eyeshadow palette in ‘Au Naturel‘ RRP £8.99, perfect for wintery eye looks. Now I just need to work out how to do eyeshadow properly haha! I feel that Sleek are quite an underrated brand and deserve a lot more hype. They are a really affordable brand with high quality products. Here is a link if you want to browse their range in Boots.
This has to be one of my favourite beauty boxes ever. I feel like I have got great value for money with the contents of this box. Now I have been sucked in, I am subscribed to Glossybox ready for next month as I feel like I just can’t miss out in case next month’s box is just as good!
So why do I think that subscription boxes make the perfect present? (NOT SPONSORED JUST LOVE SUBSCRIPTION BOXES):
- Your gift recipient can be sent a present each month! My mum, sister and I have had 3 month gift subscriptions for Christmas in the past. We ordered the gift subscription starting from the November and December boxes and resisted opening them so that we had 2 boxes to open on Christmas day! AND then we had a special treat in January as we had another box to come!
- It is a great way for your gift recipient to try out lots of new beauty products from new companies. Perfect for the beauty lover who seems to have everything!
- Gift subscription boxes usually come already wrapped (woo! unless you love wrapping…)
- You will unlikely know the contents, so it is a fun mystery surprise for you as well as the recipient!
- Most importantly, more often than not the contents of the boxes greatly outweigh the price you pay for the gift. Your recipient gets an amazing gift and you get to stick to your budget price!
I would recommend checking out Glossybox or Birchbox for beauty box subscriptions. I have also tried out a few other different types of subscription boxes and given lots as gifts in the past too! An amazing website I use that details all different types of subscription boxes is allsubscriptionboxes.co.uk. Would you be interested in a blog post about my favourite ones?
Bargain Beauty Hub