The lovely Melissa at (just_melissamarie on Instagram) gave me the idea to talk about my favourite long wearing lip products. One thing you may be surprised to know is that they aren’t all super cheap (I know, shock horror!) I am not going go into a big ramble about how much I love lip products for this blog post (although I definitely could!) as I have talked about my favourite lipsticks a LOT on my Instagram and previously on my blog. If you want to read about my favourite lip products on a budget, you can find that post here.
As you probably already know, a classic red lip is my go to look. I am a big fan of matte lip products which I personally find to be the most long wearing. This can also mean that they tend to be more drying, but I will get into that. When I go out for the day I don’t want to be constantly reapplying lipstick, therefore these are my top 3 lipsticks that always last the longest.
- One of my favourite all time lipsticks is the Kate Moss Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in ‘107‘, currently only £2.50 on Fragrance Direct! In my opinion, this is still one of the best high street matte lipsticks I have tried over the years. It applies really smoothly and seems to last really well through eating and drinking. I still get compliments on this lipstick every time I wear it. A bonus = although it is a matte formula it is not extremely drying and is easy to remove.
2. Another go to lip product if I want my lipstick to stay on all day are the NYX Matte Lip Creams, this particular colour is the shade ‘Barcelona‘ which is only £6 in Boots. I have talked a lot about these lip products already, you can find my full blog post on NYX Matte Lip Creams here. Being a liquid lipstick they do tend to be more drying than regular lipsticks, however I have never experienced any cracking with the formula and they are really easy to reapply. Again, they stay on well through eating and drinking with minimal touch ups required. One thing to note is that some of the darker colours can be patchy on application, but typically the colours are really pigmented.
3. Lastly, one of my pricier favourites for long lasting lipstick is the Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in ‘Starwoman.’ The full size currently retails for £23. Now I know what you are thinking, that is not a budget price but bear with me!!
You can find this exact lipstick in the NARS House of Bloom makeup set, currently on ASOS for only £30! A real bargain as you also get 3 other products included! You can find the set here.
Honestly, this lip product is fantastic and worth paying full price for. It does transfer slightly when eating and drinking but I hardly have to touch it up at all in the day. If I want my lipstick to stay on all day, this is the one product that is guaranteed to stay on and still look good.
- Stays on all day (smudging if you rub it!)
- Amazing pigment
- Really comfortable on the lips
- Dries really quickly after application
- Needs practice to apply as the formula and brush are thin
The only reason I currently have this product is that it was in a goodie bag from the Glamour Beauty Festival (you can read about the festival here.) But now I have tried it, I would put some of the other colours on my Christmas list and definitely look at wearing this lip product for a special occasion. If you are looking for a special lip product for your wedding, birthday, prom etc, I think in this case it is worth the money.
What are your favourite long lasting lip products? Budget or high end I would love to know!
Bargain Beauty Hub