I really believe that you can’t go wrong with a subscription box. Whether it be a treat yo’self moment or as a present, often the contents greatly outweigh the price so they are great for bargain hunters like myself. I recently wrote a blog post all about why I think beauty box gift subscriptions make the perfect Christmas present (you can read about my reasons by clicking here). I asked on Instagram whether you would like to read about my favourite subscription boxes and that was a unanimous yes, so here we are! For those of you looking for an alternative gift, here is a list of a few of my top subscription boxes, beauty or otherwise, all of which I have tried or given as presents.
There are so many different subscription boxes on the market at the moment. You can find a huge range on allsubscriptionboxes.co.uk, or alternatively, check out one of my favourite blogs from Jaina at Which Beauty Box UK.
- Glossybox and Birchbox – I will start off with the classics. Glossybox and Birchbox are arguably two of the top boxes for beauty subscriptions and rightly so. The boxes always come beautifully packaged, I especially love the Birchbox packaging as they are great for storage afterwards. You often see high end brands such as Benefit included, giving you great value for money and a happy gift recipient! Both boxes also have rewards and benefits for subscribers such as money off beauty products after completing surveys. For insight into some of the contents of past boxes, follow the links to my previous posts – April Birchbox 2018, May Birchbox 2018, October Glossybox 2018.
- 3 month gift subscription to Glossybox = £38.25
- 3 month gift subscription to Birchbox = £30 + £2.95 P&P per month
2. Treatbox – Created by the lovely Zoe, filled with monthly stationery, beauty, home and all sorts of trinkets. I have previously given one of these boxes as a present and on many occasions I have been tempted to subscribe to their monthly box! I loved the fact that you can create your own box to suit the recipient and my friend loved the personalised contents.
- Build your own box, 5 items = £13.95
- Pre-made gift boxes = £13.95
- 3 month Treatbox package = £36.00
3. I Love Gin– I gave this as a present to my mum last year and I still don’t think she has drunk all of the gin she received yet! Each month your recipient will receive 2 small gins and 2 tonics/mixers to make 4 drinks. The boxes are usually themed and allow your gift recipient to try out lots of different gins from around the world! I would recommend checking out their website for gift sets as well.
- 3 month gift membership = £42.00
4. Anonymous Jewellery – A really affordable way to give a beautiful jewellery gift to your loved one. You can specify the metal tones, jewellery styles and type that your recipient prefers. You can read my review of the products I received in a past box by clicking here.
- 3 months of 2 jewellery pieces per month = £40.50
- 3 months of 3 jewellery pieces per month = £48.00
I hope that this guide has given you some inspiration to find your perfect Christmas present. I won’t tell anyone if you decide to treat yourself instead! I would love to hear about some of your favourite subscription boxes. Which ones do I need to try?
Bargain Beauty Hub